Sunday 6th November from 10am until sunset:
A whole day dedicated to feast and remembrance for aficionados of history, good food and good wine. There will be actually ten local farms attending the event.
For the first time at Frassanelle an extraordinary historic reenactment of the Great War will take place, curated by the Cultural and Historical Association “Uniti nella Memoria” and with the Association “Ricercatori Storici IV Novembre” based in Schio.
During the day there will be a small catering point by RUBINI, that will propose seasonal dishes: Pasta and Beans, Polenta Piave with mushrooms, Vin Brulè and other delicacies. Reservation is well-accepted through sms or whatsapp: +39 339 8115052.
Adults € 5,00
Children from 4 to 12 years € 2,00
Children up to 4 years do not pay
Ticket with tasting € 10,00 including purse, glass and tasting of three wines.
Programme of Sunday November 6th 2016:
From 10 to 18 – Opening of the exhibition «Novello Papafava, ragazzo del ‘99» with guided tours
- Historical Reenactment of the Great War across the paths of our Park
- Exhibition and tasting of typical products of local farms
- Photo exhibition by Anna Maria Montemezzo “I’ll tell you a story”. A photo itinerary through the rural history of Rovolon.
At 16 – Concert by the Town Montemerlo Band “San Michele”
Detailed programme of the historic didactic Reenactment
The reenactment consists of a ring tour that starts from the Farmhouse and develops through the trail that leads to the golf course, then it makes a detour and goes up to the villa to finally come back to the starting point through the monumental staircase. Along the itinerary several emplacements will be set:
- an italian behind-the-front zone with a camp hospital, a command camp, a first line with foxhole and an advanced observation post;
- an austriac first line and behind-the-front zone. All of the emplacements will be animated by the reenactors of the association “Uniti nella Memoria” and “IV Novembre”. With the extraodinary participation of the mules of the Alpini National Association from Vittorio Veneto.
During the reenactment some activies of daily life will be represented (military life, trainings, life in the trenches, medical activity in the camp hospital) and instructive explanations about soldiers’ life. In order to involve visitors in a more realistic atmosphere, seven situations will be displayed:
Event 1: Flag rising with honor picket and trumpet buzz (Around 9:45)
Event 2: Provisions are delivered, after the trumpet buzz, to all of the emplacements (around 12:30)
Event 3: Lunch at the command camp (around 13:00)
Event 4: Lowering of the flag with honor picket and trumpet buzz. (around 15:45)